Coupling Kernel model in Bethe-Salpeter Kernel

Run-time issues concerning Yambo that are not covered in the above forums.

Moderators: myrta gruning, andrea marini, Daniele Varsano, Conor Hogan

yping

Coupling Kernel model in Bethe-Salpeter Kernel

Post by yping » Fri May 08, 2009 8:24 pm

Hi, developers
I have a question about "coupling kernel model" in BSK. When I run RPA calculation by BSK in real space, I want to add the coupling part " BScplKmod="x""
But it seems even if I add it in the input file, the calculation will not read it and the result will not change at all. What could be the reason for this?
Similar thing also happened in my BSE calculation, I couldn't make the Coupling Kernel mode work.

Another question is if I don't use the coupling part, does that mean I apply the Tamm-Dancoff approximation to my calculation?
thank you very much!
yuan ping
university of california, davis

myrta gruning

Re: Coupling Kernel model in Bethe-Salpeter Kernel

Post by myrta gruning » Fri May 08, 2009 10:06 pm

Dear Yuan Ping,
When I run RPA calculation by BSK in real space, I want to add the coupling part " BScplKmod="x""
But it seems even if I add it in the input file, the calculation will not read it and the result will not change at all. What could be the reason for this?
Similar thing also happened in my BSE calculation, I couldn't make the Coupling Kernel mode work.

Another question is if I don't use the coupling part, does that mean I apply the Tamm-Dancoff approximation to my calculation?
The coupling for the kernel in is not in the GPL version of Yambo (so yes, one uses the Tamm Dancoff approximation) and the relative variables are not recognised.

Cheers,

m
Dr Myrta Grüning
School of Mathematics and Physics
Queen's University Belfast - Northern Ireland

http://www.researcherid.com/rid/B-1515-2009