fractional occupations

Deals with issues related to computation of optical spectra in reciprocal space: RPA, TDDFT, local field effects.

Moderators: Davide Sangalli, andrea.ferretti, myrta gruning, andrea marini, Daniele Varsano, Conor Hogan

zhifan

fractional occupations

Post by zhifan » Wed Mar 21, 2012 5:11 pm

Hi, all:
I tried to run BSE for graphyne. I got warning message: Fractional occupationa still unsupported (Haydock).
My yambo is version 3.2.4 Revision 855. From yambo webside I know 3.2.5 can treat fractional occupation problem.
It says eval_minus_G.F. in order to do BSE calculation with fractional occupations .... Is eval_minus_G.F the parameter?
I search the doc and cannot find the explanation or example to show user how to do the fractional occupation calculation.

Regards

Zhifan Chen
Clark Atlanta University
USA

andrea marini

Re: fractional occupations

Post by andrea marini » Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:15 am

Tricky point. Try using the diagonalization as I never coded the fractional occupations into Haydock (I am not even sure it is possible).

eval_minus_G.F is a routine. Not a variable. And it is not related to the fractional occupations problem.

Alternatively you can tru to use k-grids where graphene is semiconductive. I am not 100% sure but optical properties should not be affected too much.

Andrea
Andrea MARINI
Istituto di Struttura della Materia, CNR, (Italy)