GW QPband

Concerns issues with computing quasiparticle corrections to the DFT eigenvalues - i.e., the self-energy within the GW approximation (-g n), or considering the Hartree-Fock exchange only (-x)

Moderators: Davide Sangalli, andrea.ferretti, myrta gruning, andrea marini, Daniele Varsano

WEIW

GW QPband

Post by WEIW » Wed Dec 20, 2023 10:04 am

Dear all,

There was no error when I performed gw calculation, but I wondered why the corrected energy band would appear in a relatively "chaotic" state. What are the reasons for this?

I have attach the relevant results below. Figure 1/2 shows the band structure calculated with/without GW correction respectively.

Thanks in advance.
Best,
Liu
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dr. LIU Hongling
School of Physics, Shandong University
Jinan, CHINA

claudio

Re: GW QPband

Post by claudio » Fri Dec 22, 2023 10:26 am

Dear Liu

probably it is not an error of the GW calculations but a problem in the interpolation.
When two bands cross each other in the GW, the interpolation could fail, because it is not able
to recognize the crossing.
My advice is to plot directly the points that you obtain from the GW without interpolation,
you should be able to recognize the bands and their path without strange behaviours.

best
Claudio
Claudio Attaccalite
[CNRS/ Aix-Marseille Université/ CINaM laborarory / TSN department
Campus de Luminy – Case 913
13288 MARSEILLE Cedex 09
web site: http://www.attaccalite.com