compilation error " No rule to make target 'lib' "

Having trouble compiling the Yambo source? Using an unusual architecture? Problems with the "configure" script? Problems in GPU architectures? This is the place to look.

Moderators: Davide Sangalli, andrea.ferretti, myrta gruning, andrea marini, Daniele Varsano, Conor Hogan, Nicola Spallanzani

Forum rules
If you have trouble compiling Yambo, please make sure to list:
(1) the compiler (vendor and release: e.g. intel 10.1)
(2) the architecture (e.g. 64-bit IBM SP5)
(3) if the problems occur compiling in serial/in parallel
(4) the version of Yambo (revision number/major release version)
(5) the relevant compiler error message
plasmon

Re: compilation error " No rule to make target 'lib' "

Post by plasmon » Fri May 20, 2022 8:53 am

Dear Dmitry,

It works! Thank you very much!

best
Hao
DmitrySkachkov wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 8:38 pm
plasmon wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 3:25 am Dear Dmitry,

After following Nicola' method, my last error disappears, but I also met with the error "ifort: error #10236: File not found: '/public/src/qe/qe70-2/yambo/lib/external/intel/mpiifort/lib/libiotk.a'". And I have followed what you said, copy the file from 5.0.4 to 5.1 directory, but it still failed. Could you please describe your method with more details? Thank you!

With best regards,
Hao
Hi Hao,

At first please check your yambo/bin directory. It should already contain all executables except yambo_nl. If not than you have some additional errors, please check your log file for additional errors before the last one, because compiler does not stop after the first error.

In my case I copied libiotk.a from 5.0.4 version to
.../yambo-5.1.1/lib/external/intel/mpiifort/lib/libiotk.a

and then made
> make nl-project

Kind,
Dmitry
Dr. Hao Zhang
Department of Optical Science and Engineering, Fudan University,Shanghai 200433, China
http://homepage.fudan.edu.cn/zhanghao/