suggestion about a physics software

Run-time issues concerning Yambo that are not covered in the above forums.

Moderators: myrta gruning, andrea marini, Daniele Varsano, Conor Hogan

devsharma

suggestion about a physics software

Post by devsharma » Thu May 20, 2010 9:57 am

hi 2 all,

My enquiry is not related to yambo but i want a small help.
Can anybody suggest any software regarding Infrared Polarimetric signature analysis.

Sir, if i want to study the reflected intensity and emission polarization(linear/circular polarization) of a metal as a function of angle of incidence(with respect to normal) of IR wave and as a function of surface orientation, How shuld i procced. Is there any software which can help ??
If any body can guide some direction , i will be very thankful,

thnaks
dev
Dev Sharma,
Junior Research Fellow
Department of Physics & Astrophysics,
University of Delhi,
India

Conor Hogan

Re: suggestion about a physics software

Post by Conor Hogan » Thu May 20, 2010 11:06 am

You mean, from an ab initio code? I doubt greatly you will find such a specific task in an ab initio code. Do you have a specific expression in terms of the components of the surface dielectric tensor? It sounds a little like ellipsometry, for which explicit expressions exist.
For linearly polarized light, you might just need the diagonal components of the tensor which you can get from Yambo for a standard supercell calculation of a metal surface, but after that, you would need to do some coding - and if you need the off diag elements, you would need to do a good bit of coding inside Yambo. Maybe a differnet code does that already, I dont know.
Dr. Conor Hogan
CNR-ISM, via Fosso del Cavaliere, 00133 Roma, Italy;
Department of Physics and European Theoretical Spectroscopy Facility (ETSF),
University of Rome "Tor Vergata".