Some error during parallel compilation

Having trouble compiling the Yambo source? Using an unusual architecture? Problems with the "configure" script? Problems in GPU architectures? This is the place to look.

Moderators: Davide Sangalli, andrea.ferretti, myrta gruning, andrea marini, Daniele Varsano, Conor Hogan, Nicola Spallanzani

Forum rules
If you have trouble compiling Yambo, please make sure to list:
(1) the compiler (vendor and release: e.g. intel 10.1)
(2) the architecture (e.g. 64-bit IBM SP5)
(3) if the problems occur compiling in serial/in parallel
(4) the version of Yambo (revision number/major release version)
(5) the relevant compiler error message
Tianshu

Some error during parallel compilation

Post by Tianshu » Mon Jun 04, 2018 3:59 am

Dear developers,

I want to compile yambo in parallel with mpifort. But some error present after 'make all' as following,

Code: Select all

for target in yambo ypp a2y p2y e2y yambo_ph ypp_ph yambo_rt ypp_rt yambo_kerr  ; do make $target; if test ! -f "/home/tsli/soft/yambo-4.2.1/bin/$target" ; then echo "$target build failed"; break;fi ; done
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/tsli/soft/yambo-4.2.1'
cp: `/home/tsli/soft/yambo-4.2.1/lib/archive/keep-extlibs-stamp' and `lib/archive/keep-extlibs-stamp' are the same file
cp: `/home/tsli/soft/yambo-4.2.1/lib/archive/Makefile.loc' and `lib/archive/Makefile.loc' are the same file
cp: `/home/tsli/soft/yambo-4.2.1/lib/archive/package.list' and `lib/archive/package.list' are the same file
cp: `/home/tsli/soft/yambo-4.2.1/config/missing' and `config/missing' are the same file
cp: `/home/tsli/soft/yambo-4.2.1/lib/archive/keep-extlibs-stamp' and `lib/archive/keep-extlibs-stamp' are the same file
cp: `/home/tsli/soft/yambo-4.2.1/lib/archive/Makefile.loc' and `lib/archive/Makefile.loc' are the same file
cp: `/home/tsli/soft/yambo-4.2.1/lib/archive/package.list' and `lib/archive/package.list' are the same file
cp: `/home/tsli/soft/yambo-4.2.1/config/missing' and `config/missing' are the same file

>>>[Making local]<<<
cp: `/home/tsli/soft/yambo-4.2.1/lib/local/.objects' and `lib/local/.objects' are the same file
<command-line>: warning: missing whitespace after the macro name
make[2]: Entering directory `/home/tsli/soft/yambo-4.2.1/lib/local'
/bin/sh: /home/tsli/mpi_yambo/sbin/objects_store.sh: No such file or directory
cd /home/tsli/soft/yambo-4.2.1/lib/local; /home/tsli/soft/yambo-4.2.1/sbin/moduledep.sh dlaran.o  > /home/tsli/mpi_yambo/lib/local/make.dep
/bin/sh: /home/tsli/mpi_yambo/lib/local/make.dep: No such file or directory
make[2]: *** No rule to make target `make.dep', needed by `liblocal.a'.  Stop.
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/tsli/soft/yambo-4.2.1/lib/local'
make[1]: *** [int-libs] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/tsli/soft/yambo-4.2.1'
yambo build failed
I don't know what local is. Besides, I have attached files including Makefile, config.log and report in config dir. I hope you can offer some suggestions to me. Thank you for your patience and help.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
College of Materials Science and Engineering,
Jilin University, China
Institute http://dmse.jlu.edu.cn/?mod=info&act=view&id=502

Daniele Varsano

Re: Some error during parallel compilation

Post by Daniele Varsano » Mon Jun 04, 2018 9:41 am

Dear Thiansu,
it is not really clear to me what is going on, can you try to repeat your configuration and compilation after
make clean_all

when reconfiguring yambo you can discard all these lines:
--with-netcdf-path=/home/tsli/mpi_yambo/ --with-netcdf-libdir=/home/tsli/mpi_yambo/lib/ --with-netcdf-includedir==/home/tsli/mpi_yambo/include/ --with-hdf5-path=/home/tsli/mpi_yambo/ --with-hdf5-libdir=/home/tsli/mpi_yambo/lib/ --with-hdf5-includedir=/home/tsli/mpi_yambo/include/ --enable-netcdf-hdf5

as it seems yambo has a problem in linking them (compiled with different compilers?) Yambo will anyway download and compile them.
Next please assign CPP="icc -E" , in the present configuration you are mixing gfortran and intel compiler and possibly this is can be the source of the problem.

Best,
Daniele
Dr. Daniele Varsano
S3-CNR Institute of Nanoscience and MaX Center, Italy
MaX - Materials design at the Exascale
http://www.nano.cnr.it
http://www.max-centre.eu/