make[1]: *** [xcspol.o] Error 2

Having trouble compiling the Yambo source? Using an unusual architecture? Problems with the "configure" script? Problems in GPU architectures? This is the place to look.

Moderators: Davide Sangalli, andrea.ferretti, myrta gruning, andrea marini, Daniele Varsano, Conor Hogan, Nicola Spallanzani

Forum rules
If you have trouble compiling Yambo, please make sure to list:
(1) the compiler (vendor and release: e.g. intel 10.1)
(2) the architecture (e.g. 64-bit IBM SP5)
(3) if the problems occur compiling in serial/in parallel
(4) the version of Yambo (revision number/major release version)
(5) the relevant compiler error message
Fariba Nazari

make[1]: *** [xcspol.o] Error 2

Post by Fariba Nazari » Sat Dec 12, 2009 1:57 pm

Dear All,

I wish to compile the yambo on new computers . The compiler is intel 10.1. Os is red hat. The error is make[1]: *** [xcspol.o] Error 2. Would you please let me know what is the problem.
Fariba Nazari
Iasbs

andrea marini

Re: make[1]: *** [xcspol.o] Error 2

Post by andrea marini » Sat Dec 12, 2009 2:54 pm

Fariba Nazari wrote:Dear All,
I wish to compile the yambo on new computers . The compiler is intel 10.1. Os is red hat. The error is make[1]: *** [xcspol.o] Error 2. Would you please let me know what is the problem.
Dear Fariba,

to help you please re-configure the source using the --enable-msgs-comps and send us (as an attachment in the forum)
  1. The config.log file
  2. The config/report and config/setup files
  3. The LOG of the compilation ( you can get it by doing >make yambo >& LOG)
Andrea
Andrea MARINI
Istituto di Struttura della Materia, CNR, (Italy)

Fariba Nazari

Post by Fariba Nazari » Sun Dec 13, 2009 10:03 am

I have solved the problem with the following configure options:

./configure --with-iotk='/lhome/nazari/espresso-3.2.3/iotk' --without-mpi F90=ifort F77=ifort

The exacutable files yambo ypp p2y and a2y is build but when I wish to run there is a following error.

./yambo: error while loading shared libraries: libimf.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

The config.log and LOG files are in the attachment.

Regards
Fariba Nazari
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

andrea marini

Post by andrea marini » Sun Dec 13, 2009 10:57 am

Fariba Nazari wrote: The exacutable files yambo ypp p2y and a2y is build but when I wish to run there is a following error.

./yambo: error while loading shared libraries: libimf.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
This is not a problem of Yambo, but it is related to the fact that you did not add the intel libraries to the list of the system dynamical libraries that are loaded at the running time. To solve the problem have a look at this two pages: Intel support or Linux Questions.
Andrea MARINI
Istituto di Struttura della Materia, CNR, (Italy)

c3031929

Post by c3031929 » Mon Apr 12, 2010 5:12 am

Hi,

I'm an honours student at the University of Newcastle, Australia. I have very little understanding of Linux/Unix based systems, and even less of an understanding as to how to compile programs on these operating systems. I think I've come up with the same or similar error to the above, and even though I've followed the instructions on this forum page, I still get the same error message. So if anyone can help me that would be fantastic.

Compiler: Intel 10.1.018
Architechture: 2 x Quad Intel Xeon Chips (Atleast this is what I'm told it is)
Problem Occurs: While I'm compiling in serial. (At least that's what I think I'm doing).
Yambo Version: 3.2.1-r.448
Error Message: make[1]: *** [xcspol.o] Error 2

If anyone can tell me what I need to do I would most appreciate it.

Cheers,

Daniel Walton
Honours Student, Physics Department, University of Newcastle, Australia
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

claudio

Post by claudio » Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:11 am

Dear Daniel Walton

I was not able to reproduce your error, but I suggest you a couple of possible solutions:

*) first try to use gcc as precompiler and C compile in your configure, namely use: ./configure CC=gcc CPP="gcc -E" FC=ifort

*) second remove the comments from the file xcspol.F, the first 68 lines

let us know if it works

Claudio
Claudio Attaccalite
[CNRS/ Aix-Marseille Université/ CINaM laborarory / TSN department
Campus de Luminy – Case 913
13288 MARSEILLE Cedex 09
web site: http://www.attaccalite.com

c3031929

Post by c3031929 » Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:01 am

Claudio,

Thanks for the solutions. I only needed to try the first solution to get past my error, however, I ran into a new error following that.

My error message now reads:

(There is a lot of lines above the following four that are very similar to them)
/home/dwalton/NetCDF/netcdf-4.1.1/libncdap3/oc/curlfunctions.c:92: undefined reference to `curl_easy_setopt'
/home/dwalton/Yambo/yambo-3.2.1-r.448/lib/libnetcdf.a(liboc_la-curlfunctions.o): In function `set_proxy':
/home/dwalton/NetCDF/netcdf-4.1.1/libncdap3/oc/curlfunctions.c:49: undefined reference to `curl_easy_setopt'
/home/dwalton/Yambo/yambo-3.2.1-r.448/lib/libnetcdf.a(liboc_la-curlfunctions.o):/home/dwalton/NetCDF/netcdf-4.1.1/libncdap3/oc/curlfunctions.c:53: more undefined references to `curl_easy_setopt' follow
make[1]: *** [yambo] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/dwalton/Yambo/yambo-3.2.1-r.448/driver'
make: *** [yambo] Error 2

I had a look around on the forum to see if the problem had arisen previously but nothing seems to be posted up about it. Any help you could offer would be most appreciated. Again I have attached the log, report and setup files.

Cheers,

Daniel Walton
Honours Student, Physics Department, University of Newcastle, Australia
Daniel Walton
Honours Student
Physics Department, University of Newcastle, Australia

Daniele Varsano

Post by Daniele Varsano » Wed Apr 14, 2010 9:29 am

Dear Daniel,
a possible reason of this error is that the netcdf library and yambo are compiled with a different compiler.
If you used gcc for compiling yambo, try to recompile the nectdf with the same compiler.

Cheers,

Daniele
Dr. Daniele Varsano
S3-CNR Institute of Nanoscience and MaX Center, Italy
MaX - Materials design at the Exascale
http://www.nano.cnr.it
http://www.max-centre.eu/