Mismatch input versus output

Run-time issues concerning Yambo that are not covered in the above forums.

Moderators: myrta gruning, andrea marini, Daniele Varsano, Conor Hogan

dagosta

Mismatch input versus output

Post by dagosta » Mon Apr 23, 2018 4:59 pm

Hi,

I am running a convergence test of some of the GW parameters as suggested in the tutorials for a bulk material. I build the many input files for the NGsBlkXp variable, and check that each of them sports the correct values. However, when I run yambo, for certain input files, I get the value of that variable changed. For example, in one case I am running the NGsBlkXp = 7 case, and get the output of the NGsBlkXp = 9 calculation. (I checked, they are indeed identical.) Although, the report files report to have read the correct input, but it returns the wrong output.
gw_ppa_90b_7ry.txt
See the (shortened) report file. Is there anything wrong I am doing? Is Yambo assigning a value to NGsBlkXp that is compatible with the other variables? This is probably not strongly affecting my test but I would like to know if this is an expected behaviour.

Best regards,
Roberto
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Roberto D'Agosta
Nano-Bio Spectroscopy Group
Av de Tolosa 72
Donostia-San Sebastian
Spain

Daniele Varsano

Re: Mismatch input versus output

Post by Daniele Varsano » Mon Apr 23, 2018 5:17 pm

Ciao Roberto,
When assigning blocks in RL yambo find the number needed to close a shell of g vectors closest to the number indicated in input. This is done in order to not to break the symmetries of the system. Note that instead of RL you canalso assign the matrix size in ferma of energy cut-off indicating Ry, Ha, mRy etc instead of RL.
Best,
Daniele
Dr. Daniele Varsano
S3-CNR Institute of Nanoscience and MaX Center, Italy
MaX - Materials design at the Exascale
http://www.nano.cnr.it
http://www.max-centre.eu/