errs for yambo -i -V RL and yambo -p p -g n

Concerns issues with computing quasiparticle corrections to the DFT eigenvalues - i.e., the self-energy within the GW approximation (-g n), or considering the Hartree-Fock exchange only (-x)

Moderators: Davide Sangalli, andrea.ferretti, myrta gruning, andrea marini, Daniele Varsano

Daniele Varsano

Re: errs for yambo -i -V RL and yambo -p p -g n

Post by Daniele Varsano » Mon Dec 09, 2013 1:33 pm

Dear Zhou,
if you believe it is a semiconductor, does *NOT* use the smearing, as I told you before.
Next, the problem arise from the k-point grid, which is not uniform. Try to understand what is going on with your qe setup: cells and sampling,
in order to check it I suggest you to reduce the number of k-points and bands. (your k point sampling is extremely big!!) and set the verbosity high in order to see them. Please note that the correct syntax for the K-points is :

Code: Select all

K_POINTS {automatic}
while you do not have the brackets. May be this keyword has not been read properly.
If the setup of Yambo says you "Gamma point only" it means that something went wrong so it is useless to run GW calculations.
I do not have time to reproduce calculations now, as it does not look to me a problem of yambo, but your qe setup. Try to understand, if you does not succeed post it again, and I will try to have a look at it when I've time.

Cheers,

Daniele
Dr. Daniele Varsano
S3-CNR Institute of Nanoscience and MaX Center, Italy
MaX - Materials design at the Exascale
http://www.nano.cnr.it
http://www.max-centre.eu/

ljzhou86

Re: errs for yambo -i -V RL and yambo -p p -g n

Post by ljzhou86 » Mon Dec 09, 2013 2:30 pm

Dear Daniele:
My problems have been resolved. The reason is that the input of pw.x exported by virtual nanotube is wrong. I revise it manully and finally it does work rightly. Thank you for you kind response.
Dr. Zhou Liu-Jiang
Fujian Institute of Research on the Structure of Matter
Chinese Academy of Sciences
Fuzhou, Fujian, 350002