GW Bandstructure

Concerns issues with computing quasiparticle corrections to the DFT eigenvalues - i.e., the self-energy within the GW approximation (-g n), or considering the Hartree-Fock exchange only (-x)

Moderators: Davide Sangalli, andrea.ferretti, myrta gruning, andrea marini, Daniele Varsano

fatimazahra

Re: GW Bandstructure

Post by fatimazahra » Tue Dec 03, 2013 11:12 am

Dear Daniele
you will find the attached file " input and r-stup", for the r_HF_and_locXC_em1d_ppa_gw0 is empty
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Fatima Ezzahra Ramadan
PhD student
LPHE-Simulation-Modeling,Université Mohammed 5 Agdal Rabat Morocco
f.ramadan88@gmail.com

Daniele Varsano

Post by Daniele Varsano » Tue Dec 03, 2013 11:31 am

Dear Fatima,
the problem is that the grid is not uniform, as you can read in the report of the setup, there is a warning complaining:

Code: Select all

[WARNING][RL indx] 2 equivalent points in the rlu grid found
 [RL indx] X grid is not uniform.  Gamma point only.
I do suggest you to use the automatic grid of quantum espresso, and not giving the kpoints by hand.
Next, if you want the band structure along a path, you should first converge your density with a scf calculation with a finer k-point sampling and next calculate the band structure using the the non self consistent "nscf" or "bands" run. In quantum espresso you can define your path using the tpiba_b variable. Anyway, take in mind that Yambo works for uniform grids.

Cheers,

Daniele
Dr. Daniele Varsano
S3-CNR Institute of Nanoscience and MaX Center, Italy
MaX - Materials design at the Exascale
http://www.nano.cnr.it
http://www.max-centre.eu/

fatimazahra

Post by fatimazahra » Tue Dec 03, 2013 12:10 pm

I already had the band structure in this path with appr GGA, but I also need this band with correction GW
thanks a lot for help
Fatima Ezzahra Ramadan
PhD student
LPHE-Simulation-Modeling,Université Mohammed 5 Agdal Rabat Morocco
f.ramadan88@gmail.com