GW@HSE

Concerns issues with computing quasiparticle corrections to the DFT eigenvalues - i.e., the self-energy within the GW approximation (-g n), or considering the Hartree-Fock exchange only (-x)

Moderators: Davide Sangalli, andrea.ferretti, myrta gruning, andrea marini, Daniele Varsano

kazemoor

GW@HSE

Post by kazemoor » Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:47 pm

Dear All
I want to investigate different functionals as a starting point of GW calculation like GW@HSE, GW@GGA+U and GW@PBE0 . At first, I took HSE within espresso , but unfortunately, nscf calculation is not implemented in the espresso for hybrid functionals . Is it possible to do GW calculation without nscf just by regarding scf ? Is there any tricky way to solve the problem?
May I use the list of definite k-point in scf and then ignore the nscf calculation and then do GW?

I appreciate any help.

Ali Kazempour, Physics dept. PNU University, Tehran, IRAN

andrea marini

Re: GW@HSE

Post by andrea marini » Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:34 pm

You could use a scf PW run but, at the moment, the GPL version of Yambo cannot handle non-local DFT functionals. You douls still do it but to get the final QP corrections you should remove DFT contribution.

We will release a new version of the code in a few months that include support for semi-local functionals. Hybrids are not implemented.

Andrea
Andrea MARINI
Istituto di Struttura della Materia, CNR, (Italy)