GW+BSE

Deals with issues related to computation of optical spectra in reciprocal space: RPA, TDDFT, local field effects.

Moderators: Davide Sangalli, andrea.ferretti, myrta gruning, andrea marini, Daniele Varsano, Conor Hogan

Reza_Reza

Re: GW+BSE

Post by Reza_Reza » Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:57 am

Dear Daniele,

1) I am trying to redo the BSE calculation. Is it necessary to perform the BSE first with scissors and then with consideration of GW-corrected (QP), or is it possible to directly compute the BSE with QP?

2) My second ambiguity is that in my calculation with the same processors and RAM, the BSE calculation with GW correction is done, but without GW, it crashed.

3) Is it essential to consider the Coulomb truncation in the BSE calculation since, using the tutorial and using $ yambo -o b -k sex -F 02_3D_BSE_kernel.in -J 3D_BSE for the kernel and $ yambo -F 03_3D_BSE_diago_solver.in -y d -V qp -J 3D_BSE for diagonalization, the Coulomb truncation is not included in the input files?(I included it manually.)

For your review, I have attached my input and report files.

Best,

Reza
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Reza - Postdoc
CNRS

Daniele Varsano

Re: GW+BSE

Post by Daniele Varsano » Wed Apr 17, 2024 6:18 am

Dear Reza,

1) Scissor or GW corrected energy are two alternative ways to take account quasiparticle energies, so you choose also depending on if a scissor approximation do applies or not.

2) It is not clear from your report exactly where it crashes, you should report the error message, but it seems an I/O error, you can try to remove the ./3D_BSE//ndb.dipoles file and repeat the calculations. Note also in the report several warning indicating you are using file generated by a different SAVE directory: this can be dangerous. Also, the parallelization between the two calculations seems different.

3) If you have a low dimensional system, coulomb truncation helps in converging with the vacuum. Adding the keyword "-r" activates it. In general by typing yambo -h you have a help on the command lines.

Best,
Daniele
Dr. Daniele Varsano
S3-CNR Institute of Nanoscience and MaX Center, Italy
MaX - Materials design at the Exascale
http://www.nano.cnr.it
http://www.max-centre.eu/