linking with NETCDF lib fails in AIX

Having trouble compiling the Yambo source? Using an unusual architecture? Problems with the "configure" script? Problems in GPU architectures? This is the place to look.

Moderators: Davide Sangalli, andrea.ferretti, myrta gruning, andrea marini, Daniele Varsano, Conor Hogan, Nicola Spallanzani

Forum rules
If you have trouble compiling Yambo, please make sure to list:
(1) the compiler (vendor and release: e.g. intel 10.1)
(2) the architecture (e.g. 64-bit IBM SP5)
(3) if the problems occur compiling in serial/in parallel
(4) the version of Yambo (revision number/major release version)
(5) the relevant compiler error message
kazemoor

linking with NETCDF lib fails in AIX

Post by kazemoor » Thu Sep 02, 2010 3:13 pm

Dear All
I compiled the yambo successfully in p6 machines without NETCDF. I installed NETCDF successfully , But now I am trying to recompile with NETCDF according to following:
./configure --build=powerpc-ibm FC=xlf90_r F77=xlf_r CC=xlc_r CPP=cpp FCFLAGS="-O2 -q64 -qstrict -qarch=pwr6 -qtune=pwr6 -qmaxmem=-1 -qsuffix=f=f" CFLAGS="-q64" UFFLAGS="-q64 -O0" --with-p2y="4.0" --with-iotk=/u/kazempou/espresso-4.0.5/iotk --with-netcdf-include="/usr/local/include" --with-netcdf-lib="/usr/local/lib"

But the configuration dosn't find the path /usr/local/include and /usr/local/lib
and the message is:
checking for NetCDF in /usr/local/lib... no

in lib directory I have following files:
libnetcdf.a libnetcdf.la libnetcdf_c++.a libnetcdf_c++.la pkgconfig

What goes wrong? How can I solve the problem?

Best

Ali Kazempour,Isfahan Univ. of Tech,Iran

kazemoor

Re: linking with NETCDF lib fails in AIX

Post by kazemoor » Sun Sep 05, 2010 3:19 pm

Dear All
Can any body tell me what option is required to complie netcdf to be compatible with yambo on power6 machines?
I Used following to bulid yambo:
./configure --build=powerpc-ibm FC=xlf90_r F77=xlf_r CC=xlc_r CPP=cpp FCFLAGS="-O2 -q64 -qstrict -qarch=pwr6 -qtune=pwr6 -qmaxmem=-1 -qsuffix=f=f" CFLAGS="-q64" UFFLAGS="-q64 -O0" --with-p2y="4.0" --with-iotk=/u/kazempou/espresso-4.0.5/iotk

Do I use same options for buliding netcdf?

Thanks a lot

Daniele Varsano

Post by Daniele Varsano » Sun Sep 05, 2010 3:35 pm

Dear Ali,

I would say that the only important issue is that netcdf and yambo have to be compiled with the same compiler,
using the same FCFLAGS and CFLAGS could be important.

I don't know what you mean with:
But the configuration dosn't find the path /usr/local/include and /usr/local/lib
Be sure that you have the required permission to access the /usr/local directories, but you should have it.
Please post your complete config.log file, so we can try to help you.

Cheers,

Daniele

Please, add your affiliation in your profile, in this way you can forget to write it each time you send a post.
Dr. Daniele Varsano
S3-CNR Institute of Nanoscience and MaX Center, Italy
MaX - Materials design at the Exascale
http://www.nano.cnr.it
http://www.max-centre.eu/

kazemoor

Post by kazemoor » Sun Sep 05, 2010 6:49 pm

Dear Daniele
I send both config.log for yambo and netcdf. I configure netcdf same as yambo , but netcdf faces error.
Best

Ali Kazempour,Isfahan Univ of tech,Iran
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Daniele Varsano

Post by Daniele Varsano » Mon Sep 06, 2010 9:42 am

Dear Ali,
I'm not sure if it is the problem: looking at the log file you have an error in the netcdf linking because of the different -q64 option:

Code: Select all

configure:12999: mpxlf90 -c -I/u/kazempou/NETCDF/include -O2 -q64 -qstrict -qarch=pwr6 -qtune=pwr6 -qmaxmem=-1 -qsuffix=f=f   conftest.f >&5
"conftest.f", line 2.5: 1514-267 (S) The current program unit has a different setting for the -q64 option than was specified in the module netcdf.  Unexpected errors may result.
Now, you are linking Yambo to the netcdf contained in /u/kazempou/NETCDF/include, while from the netcdf log file, it looks you have compiled
the netcdf libraries with the same flag of yambo in /u/kazempou/netcdf-4.0.1

Please check if there is some inconsistencies.

Cheers,

Daniele
Dr. Daniele Varsano
S3-CNR Institute of Nanoscience and MaX Center, Italy
MaX - Materials design at the Exascale
http://www.nano.cnr.it
http://www.max-centre.eu/