Error when building Yambo 5.1.2

Having trouble compiling the Yambo source? Using an unusual architecture? Problems with the "configure" script? Problems in GPU architectures? This is the place to look.

Moderators: Davide Sangalli, andrea.ferretti, myrta gruning, andrea marini, Daniele Varsano, Conor Hogan, Nicola Spallanzani

Forum rules
If you have trouble compiling Yambo, please make sure to list:
(1) the compiler (vendor and release: e.g. intel 10.1)
(2) the architecture (e.g. 64-bit IBM SP5)
(3) if the problems occur compiling in serial/in parallel
(4) the version of Yambo (revision number/major release version)
(5) the relevant compiler error message
orient

Error when building Yambo 5.1.2

Post by orient » Thu Jul 20, 2023 5:59 pm

Hi, I am trying to compile Yambo from source with use of external libraries only, but I am hitting an error (from compile_yambo.log):

Code: Select all

K_stored_in_a_slepc_matrix.f90(1620): warning #7319: This argument's data type is incompatible with this intrinsic procedure; procedure assumed EXTERNAL.   [CONJG]
           call MatSetValue( slepc_mat, H_pos(2), H_pos(1), conjg(Mij), INSERT_VALUES, ierr )
------------------------------------------------------------------^
K_stored_in_a_slepc_matrix.f90(1620): error #6404: This name does not have a type, and must have an explicit type.   [CONJG]
           call MatSetValue( slepc_mat, H_pos(2), H_pos(1), conjg(Mij), INSERT_VALUES, ierr )
------------------------------------------------------------^
K_stored_in_a_slepc_matrix.f90(1623): error #6633: The type of the actual argument differs from the type of the dummy argument.
           call MatSetValue( slepc_mat, H_pos(1)+SL_K_dim(1), H_pos(2)+SL_K_dim(1),-conjg(Mij), INSERT_VALUES, ierr )
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------^
K_stored_in_a_slepc_matrix.f90(1630): error #6633: The type of the actual argument differs from the type of the dummy argument.
           call MatSetValue( slepc_mat, H_pos(2)+SL_K_dim(1), H_pos(1),-conjg(Mij), INSERT_VALUES, ierr )
-----------------------------------------------------------------------^
K_stored_in_a_slepc_matrix.f90(1634): error #6633: The type of the actual argument differs from the type of the dummy argument.
             call MatSetValue( slepc_mat, H_pos(1)+SL_K_dim(1), H_pos(2),-conjg(Mij), INSERT_VALUES, ierr )
-------------------------------------------------------------------------^
K_stored_in_a_slepc_matrix.f90(1648): error #6633: The type of the actual argument differs from the type of the dummy argument.
           call MatSetValue( slepc_mat, H_pos(2), H_pos(1)+SL_K_dim(1),-conjg(Mij), INSERT_VALUES, ierr )
-----------------------------------------------------------------------^
compilation aborted for K_stored_in_a_slepc_matrix.f90 (code 1)
I am using Intel compilers v2021.4.0 with GCCcore v11.2.0 on Linux x86_64.
I have tried both serial and parallel, with parallel just producing 2 more errors:

Code: Select all

K_multiply_by_V_transpose_slepc.f90(1624): error #6362: The data types of the argument(s) are invalid.   [CONJG]
       call VecSetValues( vo, pet_one, H_pos, fac*conjg(tmp_value), INSERT_VALUES, ierr )
--------------------------------------------------------^
compilation aborted for K_multiply_by_V_transpose_slepc.f90 (code 1)
mpiifort -c -assume bscc -O3 -g -ip    -nofor-main -qopenmp  -I/user/gent/445/vsc44588/temp/yambo/yambo-5.1.2/include -I/user/gent/445/vsc44588/temp/yambo/yambo-5.1.2/include/headers/common -I/user/gent/445/vsc44588/temp/yambo/yambo-5.1.2/include/headers/parser -I/user/gent/445/vsc44588/temp/yambo/yambo-5.1.2/lib/yambo/driver/include -I/user/gent/445/vsc44588/temp/yambo/yambo-5.1.2/include/driver -I/user/gent/445/vsc44588/temp/yambo/yambo-5.1.2/lib/external/intel/mpiifort/include/  -I/apps/gent/RHEL8/cascadelake-ib/software/netCDF-Fortran/4.5.3-iimpi-2021b/include -I/apps/gent/RHEL8/cascadelake-ib/software/netCDF/4.8.1-iimpi-2021b/include -I/scratch/gent/vo/001/gvo00117/easybuild/RHEL8/cascadelake-ampere-ib/software/PETSc/3.18.4-intel-2021b/include -I/scratch/gent/vo/001/gvo00117/easybuild/RHEL8/cascadelake-ampere-ib/software/SLEPc/3.18.2-intel-2021b/include -I/apps/gent/RHEL8/cascadelake-ib/software/HDF5/1.12.1-iimpi-2021b/include -I/apps/gent/RHEL8/cascadelake-ib/software/libxc/5.1.6-intel-compilers-2021.4.0/include -I/apps/gent/RHEL8/cascadelake-ib/software/imkl/2021.4.0/mkl/2021.4.0/include   -I/user/gent/445/vsc44588/temp/yambo/yambo-5.1.2/lib/yambo/driver/include -I/user/gent/445/vsc44588/temp/yambo/yambo-5.1.2/include/driver K_inversion_do_it_SLK.f90
K_multiply_by_V_slepc.f90(1623): error #6362: The data types of the argument(s) are invalid.   [CONJG]
       call VecSetValues( vo, pet_one, H_pos, fac*conjg(tmp_value), INSERT_VALUES, ierr )
--------------------------------------------------------^
compilation aborted for K_multiply_by_V_slepc.f90 (code 1)
See config.log and compile_yambo.log files attached in the archive (compile_yambo.log is from the parallel build attempt, as can be seen by the last 2 errors).
Any help with this matter would be appreciated.

Thank you,
Filip "Orient" Kružík
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Filip "Orient" Kružík
Developer @ INUITS, EasyBuild contributor

Davide Sangalli
Location: Via Salaria Km 29.3, CP 10, 00016, Monterotondo Stazione, Italy

Re: Error when building Yambo 5.1.2

Post by Davide Sangalli » Thu Jul 20, 2023 6:21 pm

Please replace the two files in the yambo source inside src/bse/ with the two attached (removing the ".txt" from the filename)

After that the compilation should work.

Best,
D.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Davide Sangalli, PhD
CNR-ISM, Division of Ultrafast Processes in Materials (FLASHit) and MaX Centre
https://sites.google.com/view/davidesangalli
http://www.max-centre.eu/

orient

Post by orient » Thu Jul 20, 2023 6:53 pm

Hi Davide,
quick diff shows me that the files that you have sent are nearly identical to the ones from Yambo repo (commit tag 5.1.2), and thus are nearly identical to the ones I am currently using. The only difference is the year in the header.

Sincerely,
Filip "Orient" Kružík
Filip "Orient" Kružík

Davide Sangalli
Location: Via Salaria Km 29.3, CP 10, 00016, Monterotondo Stazione, Italy

Post by Davide Sangalli » Thu Jul 20, 2023 8:37 pm

Ok, I replaced the files with the correct ones.
Now they should be ok.

Best,
D.

P.S.: please add your signature in the user settings. It is a rule of the forum.
Davide Sangalli, PhD
CNR-ISM, Division of Ultrafast Processes in Materials (FLASHit) and MaX Centre
https://sites.google.com/view/davidesangalli
http://www.max-centre.eu/

orient

Post by orient » Mon Jul 24, 2023 2:17 pm

Hi Davide,
after replacing these files I also had a problem with K_multiply_by_V_transpose_slepc.F, but I have resolved this by using the file in the Revision 21700 commit from the official GitHub repo and now everything works just fine.
Thank you for your help!
Filip "Orient" Kružík