Compilation problem on TGCC machines at CEA (France)

Having trouble compiling the Yambo source? Using an unusual architecture? Problems with the "configure" script? Problems in GPU architectures? This is the place to look.

Moderators: Davide Sangalli, andrea.ferretti, myrta gruning, andrea marini, Daniele Varsano, Conor Hogan, Nicola Spallanzani

Forum rules
If you have trouble compiling Yambo, please make sure to list:
(1) the compiler (vendor and release: e.g. intel 10.1)
(2) the architecture (e.g. 64-bit IBM SP5)
(3) if the problems occur compiling in serial/in parallel
(4) the version of Yambo (revision number/major release version)
(5) the relevant compiler error message
claudio

Compilation problem on TGCC machines at CEA (France)

Post by claudio » Mon Sep 05, 2022 9:27 am

Dear all

the people of TGCC machines tried to compile Yambo on this supercomputer center, but they failed due to this error, (see attachment)

linux -I<path_install>/yambo-5.1.0/yambo-master/include -I<path_install>/yambo-5.1.0/yambo-master/include/headers/common -I<path_install>/yambo-5.1.0/yambo-master/include/headers/parser -I<path_install>/yambo-5.1.0/yambo-master/lib/yambo/driver/include -I<path_install>/yambo-5.1.0/yambo-master/include/driver -c <path_install>/yambo-5.1.0/yambo-master/src/driver/options_projects.c

<path_install>/yambo-5.1.0/yambo-master/src/driver/options_interfaces.c(26): catastrophic error: cannot open source file "kind.h"
<path_install>/yambo-5.1.0/yambo-master/src/driver/options_projects.c(26): catastrophic error: cannot open source file "kind.h"
<path_install>/yambo-5.1.0/yambo-master/src/driver/options_yambo.c(26): catastrophic error: cannot open source file "kind.h"
<path_install>/yambo-5.1.0/yambo-master/src/driver/options_control.c(26): catastrophic error: cannot open source file "kind.h"
#include <kind.h>
#include <kind.h>
#include <kind.h>
#include <kind.h>
^
^
^
^

any suggestion, idea to solve the problem?

best
Claudio
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Claudio Attaccalite
[CNRS/ Aix-Marseille Université/ CINaM laborarory / TSN department
Campus de Luminy – Case 913
13288 MARSEILLE Cedex 09
web site: http://www.attaccalite.com

elena.cannuccia

Re: Compilation problem on TGCC machines at CEA (France)

Post by elena.cannuccia » Fri Sep 09, 2022 10:21 pm

Dear all,

yesterday I compiled the very last version of yambo on TGCC CEA with the following

Code: Select all

./configure FC=ifort F77=ifort CC=icc
and by compiling the internal libraries.

The compilation works successfully. What is wrong with me is the execution of yambo through an ordinary job script. It fails with a segmentation fault.
On the other hand, the execution on the command line works perfectly.

Elena Cannuccia