ASESMANET opens a call for scientists based in Africa that want to participate and present their research at the Psi-k conference (August 2022 in Lausanne, Switzerland) which usually takes place every 5 years. This call is supported by the Centre Européen de Calcul Atomique et Moléculaire (CECAM), the Psi-k network, the National Centre for Computational Design and Discovery of Novel Materials MARVEL funded by the Swiss National Science Foundation, and by the Office of External Activities (OEA) of the Abdus Salam International Centre for Theoretical Physics (ICTP). Women are particularly encouraged to apply.
ASESMANET (Atomistic Simulations, Electronic Structure, Computational Materials Science and Applications: the African Network) is a network connected to The African School of Electronic Structure Methods and Application (ASESMA), a bi-annual two-week school that brings together students from countries in Africa, and supports scientific exchange between researchers within Africa who are working in electronic structure methods and applications and to support Africa – Europe interactions between researchers in Europe and those in Africa.
The ASESMA Network will fund participants to cover:
* Travel/flight tickets [from African home country to Lausanne, Switzerland].
* Accommodation in Lausanne for the period of the conference
* Living allowance in Lausanne for the period of the conference
* Conference fees
Participation and application information
This network is open to active scientists at all levels including doctoral students. Applicants should have the following documents sent to email@example.com with a copy to firstname.lastname@example.org. Selection is competitive.
1. An application letter stating clearly:
a) the intended period (dates) for the visit;
b) that the applicant has intention to participate in the Psi-k conference;
c) country where the applicant will be traveling from.
2. Contribution title and abstract. The applicants should give the title and abstract of their planned conference talk/poster, together with the submission confirmation from the Psi-k conference organization.
3. Reference letter from a scientist who is familiar with the applicant’s work (this letter should be sent directly by the recommending scientist to the e-mail above)
4. CV of applicant.
Deadline for application: May 15, 2022
For further information contact: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Notice that the applicant should still apply to the Psi-k conference through its website:
A subforum where you can post Announcements and Job offers related with the Yambo code
1 post • Page 1 of 1