Variable Descriptions?

Run-time issues concerning Yambo that are not covered in the above forums.

Moderators: myrta gruning, andrea marini, Daniele Varsano, Conor Hogan

c3031929

Variable Descriptions?

Post by c3031929 » Tue May 18, 2010 8:14 am

Does there exist a page/file somewhere that has a list of the variables and their descriptions? I've had a look around the Yambo site and I have rifled through the code and thus far have come up empty in my attempts to locate such a document. If such a document exist, can someone tell me where?

Cheers,

Danno
Honours Student, Physics Department, University of Newcastle, Australia.
Daniel Walton
Honours Student
Physics Department, University of Newcastle, Australia

andrea marini

Re: Variable Descriptions?

Post by andrea marini » Tue May 18, 2010 8:29 am

c3031929 wrote:Does there exist a page/file somewhere that has a list of the variables and their descriptions? I've had a look around the Yambo site and I have rifled through the code and thus far have come up empty in my attempts to locate such a document. If such a document exist, can someone tell me where?
Dear danno, Yambo is quote different from any other GPL Many-Body and DFT code in the sense that, as you have surely already realized, input variables are suggested by the code itself when the executable yambo is invoked with some command line option. In addition any variable in the input file is accompanied by a short description.

If you want to have more informations about a special variable you can either ask here in the forum and/or look at the on-line documentation. Bear in mind that the on-line doc will be revised and updated during the summer as in a few month there will be an important updated in the GPL version (with more features added).

Hope I was helpful
Andrea MARINI
Istituto di Struttura della Materia, CNR, (Italy)

c3031929

Re: Variable Descriptions?

Post by c3031929 » Mon May 24, 2010 8:28 am

Andrea,

Thank you very much, the online documentation stuff was what I was looking for.

Cheers,

Danno
Daniel Walton
Honours Student
Physics Department, University of Newcastle, Australia